Wednesday 6 August 2014

Penultimate 'See You Later's and Money

I have just got back from a brilliant week in Wolverhampton with Alex (boyfriend). However, we had so many mini trips that I almost feel like I've been travelling and Texas is still 5 days off! 

Firstly, we went to Birmingham. I fell into the awe of the Bullring and then over Chinese I was surprised with tickets to see Wicked for that evening. The show was absolutely fantastic! The characters all played their parts really well and I was glad Glinda was supposed to be annoying because I could not stand her! We then met up with our friend from uni, Jack for a 'see you after Christmas' (still weird and a bit horrible to say) drink in good old Whetherspoons; it was great. 

We then spent a day and night in Shropshire. I know that it is a county but I can't be more specific as went from a gorgeously country church through a copious amount of fields to a marquee in the grounds of a citadel for his cousin's wedding. The bride was beautiful and the food, music, drink and people were all on form for a fantastic day! 

Finally, we went to Bridgnorth which is not somewhere I've ever felt the need to visit but I'm glad I have now. It was lovely, quaint market town with lots of character, trains, a castle that's partially fallen down and cosy Costa that's great for people watching. 


I arrived home to the cash amount of American dollars I have ordered. I have decided to budget my money monthly and not put it all into dollars/on a travel card immediately as I know what I'm like, I'll probably spend it all in one go on cowboy attire and BBQ. 

I found moneysavingexpert.co.uk (recommended to me by a friend and I now recommend to you) to be a massive help in making my decisions about from whom to get my cash and my money. In the end I ordered my cash from the Co-op. They do free delivery on amounts of money over £250 and the money arrived promptly after I completed the bank transfer. I got $497 for £299.51 which was one of the best exchange rates. The card I have chosen is the Ukash card and according to moneysavingexpert.co.uk it is basically the best. It had the best exchange rate, the fewest amount of charges (I repeatedly checked for hidden ones) and seemed the most simple to use. The only current downside to it is that it is yet to arrive and I am flying out on Monday, however I am sure it will be here no problem. 

I hope this is somewhat helpful, as always, don't hesitate to ask me about anything :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate