Monday 11 August 2014

Texas Time!!


I'm going on an adventure!!

This is IT. The day has arrived, my journey to Texas is about to begin. 

I have had an absolute nightmare of packing, seriously. My suitcase and hand luggage are at their absolute limits but I'll only have 3 pairs of shoes with me and no heels or trainers - massive issues! Just means I'll have to have a mini shopping spree even earlier I guess, yay!

I have also had a bit of a money nightmare. I initially ordered a UKASH card but unfortunately, it could not arrive on time (they are sooooooooo busy this time of year) so I have ordered a Travelex card to pick up at the airport. They are only supposed to take 4 hours to make so having ordered it on Saturday, there is no reason it should not be ready to collect pre-flight. 

My journey is going to last 11 hours altogether. First, I'm on an 11am plane from Manchester and I'm...
'Going to Pilllyyy!!' (to be said a la How I Met Your Mother). I'll be waiting there for 2 hours before hopping on a plane for San Antonio!! There I will be staying at a StayBridge Suite hotel for 3 nights until I can move in to my University accommodation. 

I'll write back once I'm settled and tell you how it goes, until then lets just pray US Airways look after me (I've never been to the States never mind on a connecting flight before!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate