Monday 28 July 2014

And So The 'See You Laters' Begin

So the emotional stage of saying, 'see you at Christmas' to the people closest to me and then sitting, thinking and freaking out about the fact I am going to be away from the people I rely on the most until DECEMBER has begun.

Caitlin (a good friend of mine from uni and a fellow scouter) decided to throw a bit of a 'party'/get together last Saturday. We had all our friends meet us in Baa Bar which worked out great! We could hire an area of it out FOR FREE then spread into the main section when everyone had arrived and have a dance! Perfect mix of chatting, laughing and dancing! It was a really good night and then we could move on down the road to the centre of Liverpool. We went to Mojo, Heebie Jeebies and Tribeca, basically three places you HAVE to go to on a night out in Liverpool. Mojo let's you dance on tables for goodness sake! It's great.


Then today I had a lunch date with another great friend at the Brookhouse (a great studenty pub in Liverpool). It, like Saturday, was so bittersweet. On the one hand I had an absolutely lovely and enjoyable time but on the other, I was heavily reminded that when I said bye to her I wouldn't be saying hello again until Christmas. It's so weird. 

Everything is becoming very real. Not that I have avoided the reality of going away at all, I'm thriving on the whole adventure of it but there, as always with big events, it's difficult to fully accept they are going to happen until they are happening. I was the same when I was faced with leaving home last September to go to Keele and most of my friends were staying at universities in Liverpool. I was so excited yet terrified at the same time. However, this time I can look back at how amazingly everything's panned out in terms of relationships with going to Keele and use that to give me confidence when going to Texas. Also, the fact the my boyfriend and friends from Keele don't leave near me, I've already had lots of practice with long distance relationship so hopefully it'll all continue to go well; I'm praying so! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate