Wednesday 9 July 2014

Welcome to 'Laura Meets World'


Hey,

I've dabbled in blogs and general social media for years but I am yet to really stick with a blog. I'm always quite private about them and then kind of run out of things to regularly be bothered to talk about but now I feel I have something to talk about regularly and I'm more than happy to point people towards it:

STUDYING ABROAD!!!

I will be at the University of Texas at San Antonio from 11th August to 22nd December 2014 studying Criminology (well...their version of it) and History, the same as what I study at my UK university, Keele. I can't flipping wait!

It's been a really long journey going from picking out which universities I might like to study at, my top 3 were University of North Carolina at Wilmington (I will forever adore One Tree Hill), UTSA and University of Ottawa (where my boyfriend is going...bit annoying we won't be together but oh well) to filling out a forest worth of forms and getting my visa. But now, it's all sorted, and there's nothing left to do other than plan a leaving party, pack and then goooooooo!!

It's the biggest thing I have ever done. It will be only my second time out of Europe, first time to America, first time away from my cat Tolkien and my bed for this amount of time and that is incredibly exciting but also ridiculously terrifying. I'm going to miss everyone so much but I know it'll be worth it.

I've no idea how often I'll post, the next few weeks it will probably be fairly sporadic but then once I'm there I'm sure it'll be rather often so I can keep a record of everything here rather than overly clog up my Facebook/twitter/instagram.

So yeah, hope you enjoy reading it all as much as I'll enjoy sharing how Laura (me) met Texas and hopefully this blog will stick with me through the other travels I plan to journey upon as I meet the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate