Monday 21 March 2016

World Poetry Day

In the name of World Poetry Day, here is one of my own original works and whenever I'm feeling a bit down and out I always go back to this poem that I wrote about 6 years ago. It means a lot and no matter what, it always seems to understand.

What the Tombstone Read

I am my own worst enemy
It is I who loves my company.
I'd like to say that I am loved
By more than my true God above.
I can can however not say this,
I've no heart but a dark abyss.
I pray I find a person who,
Can fill me wholly and is true.
This may have happened in my past,
And I turned them away too fast.

If that is so, then I shall die,
With lonely tears left to cry.
The end is near I feel it call.
It engulfs me and makes me small.
Do not fear in peace I shall rest,
Start and end, one beat of your chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate