Sunday 18 January 2015

Settling In

I don't properly move back to university until Sunday, as my lectures begin on Monday. However, our squad is competing at a cheerleading competition on Valentine's Day so I am splitting my time between Keele and Liverpool for until then.

It's been great getting back into some sort of routine and getting back into cheerleading, because I have missed it. Even though there as been a huge influx of new people and I'm not overly on the ball with the routine just yet, I don't feel as if I've been away, which is great. Having said this, people have entered my old friendship, people have left it and relationships have changed within it, dynamics have completely changed. That's a struggle. I keep reminding myself, much like when I first went to The Lone Star State, Texas, that I would rather be here than not but it is hard. I also need to keep telling myself; the study abroad students were constantly told it would be difficult coming back, but the people we were returning to were not warned. Also, their exams are way more important than me right now. Obvs.

Patience is key, it's going to be ok and it was all still, definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate