Thursday 2 October 2014

Friends, Faith and Missing Freshers

Off to New York next week to see Alex (yay!!!) so I am trying to do about 3 weeks worth of reading/tests/assignments in 1 and a half which is why I haven't blogged in a while. It is worth it but it is stressful and time consuming.

This quick post really is just a massive 'shout out' because obviously 250 blog views (very grateful for them) means I am now eligible to do 'shout out's...not. However, I don't care, my wonderful friends deserve it!

To the ones back home, whether you are enjoying Freshers without me, the token scouser, or you're fellow scousers and have been enjoying your own Freshers or life without me, it's nice to know that you all still care! Honestly, the internet has been a God send. What's App, Viber, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Skype have kept me ticking over and have prevented any major breakdown of 'why don't people like me? Have I been forgotten?' Social media often receives such an awful name and it can sometimes be deserved, but right now I have nothing but praise for it. The little texts of genuinely asking how I am, or even the mad vents from my friends that I would normally get at home have done perfectly at keeping me happy and connected. I could never forget them and I do miss them all terribly so it's fantastically overwhelming and appreciated that they too are making an effort with me. Thank you!!

(my phone's background)


To the new ones I have found in Texas, thank you for being there for me! One of my flatmates has been taking me to her church group, Chi Alpha. There are main services on a Thursday evening and we have small group meeting at the beginning of the week. Including our leader, there are 8 girls in this small group and I really feel so grateful to them for letting me in and not holding back when it comes to friendship and fellowship. I'm truly finding out that beyond all the 'politics' of, faith shares with maths the beauty of being the same around the world; ultimately, everyone of faith believes in an incredible God that made them and adores them and He is the best of friends one could ever hope to know.



That's me signing off until I fill you in on New York! And I sign off with a very content smile :) (slight apology for the cheesiness...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate